Are you a beginner in Photoshop? Don't know what the tools do? Here's a guide in telling you what each do and the names of them.
I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0, so if you have a newer version, then there are more tools added, so I won't have them listed here.
- used to select certain areas.
- used to move things.
- used to draw selections in the shape you want, there is a menu to choose from.
- used to select color range, you can make it transparent or change the color.
- used to make your pictures smaller/bigger.
- used for web sites mostly to split the layout.
- used to repair scratches and specs on your graphics.
- used for brushes.
- it's similar to the healing tool, but it doesn't blend at the end.
- just like the brush tool, except it paints from the original state of your image.
- used to make blends, basically what the name says, it erases.
- used for making all different kinds gradients.
- used to make stuff blurry, click and drag.
- used to lighten up an area you want lightened.
- related to the pen tool, it's used when working with paths.
- used to create text.
- used to create paths, mostly clipping paths.
- used to draw a shape layer in a form of a rectangle. It is hard.
- used to make notes on your graphics, something like post-its.
- used to get a certain color you want from an image.
- used to move your entire image with the window.
- used to zoom in/out.
- Foreground (in the front) and Background (in the back).
If this helped, a link back